Monday 30 April 2012

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

A new DVR with a never-before-seen feature doesn't come around every day, and if it's the sort of amenity that works in every room of the house, without compromise, then we just have to review it. What would make the list? Try the Dish Hopper whole-home DVR, which can record six shows at once. Of course, there are specs and marketing claims, and then there's real-world performance. Is this set-top box everything we could have dreamed of? There's only one way to find out: you'll have to meet us past the break and take a walk through our full review.

Continue reading Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

Filed under:

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review originally appeared on Engadget on Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:00:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments

us soccer amare stoudemire trayvon martin case affordable care act the line bobby brown arrested the happening

2 comments:

  1. This was a very good review by Engadget, I agree with the changes to the guide they propose because I have always been a fan of different colors depending on what is on; for example sporting events, movies and TV shows. At first when I was installed my hopper was a little buggy, but the updates to the new receiver have taken care of those and added a Pandora app, and doubled my recording space to 500 hours of HD recording time. Working nights at DISH having more recording space is never a bad thing, but the feature that blows my mind on a nightly basis is the Primetime Anytime feature. It will automatically record the primetime block from the big 4 networks and allows me to watch any of the shows for 8 days after it airs. It allows me to stay caught up no matter what I have going on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Engadget did a very long review on the Hopper, I think they about covered every part of it, we can only hope one day that they find a remote they like. I was with you about the guide changes at fir John, but the more I use my hopper, the more I like the clean look it has now. Out of all the features, the Primetime Anytime feature is my hero; it made my life simple and wiped out 90% of my DVR schedule. Since I work nights at Dish I have to record anything I want to watch, and before I would have tons of conflicts where I would have to choose to miss something, but now I can watch any primetime show up to 8 days after it airs. Now they have launched the Auto Hop feature that works with the PTAT recordings to allow me to choose if I want to watch the commercials or have the receiver skip them, control is something few have over their DVR, and I not only have it, but enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete